Subscribe to my blog by entering your email

Friday, November 4, 2011

Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter–Gotta have it!

I’ve been waiting for these to show up in my local drugstores/grocery stores and just came upon the a couple of days ago. I’ve heard a lot about them on YouTube, gurus have raved about these, so I just had to try them.

I found them at my local H.E.B. (a local Houston grocery chain) and they were priced at $7.47, BUT they had their yellow coupon specials and it was $3 off!!! So, at first I grabbed 2 of them, just to get a feel. The minute I tried them, I had to get more.

They are so creamy and go on smooth (like butter!). It feels really hydrating – I think these would replace my EOS lip balms as a lip treatment. But I think I’ll still stick to EOS when I’m at home – for those times I’m not wearing makeup.

The pigmentation is awesome for a lip butter – it gives off a color just slightly less intense as a lipstick would. Enough to be worn alone.

And the shine they give off – no need for a lip gloss on top either.

It’s a product that will replace many of your lip products by itself.

I have a total of six shades:

Crème Brule, Sugar Plum, Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle and Fig Jam

IMG_4906

IMG_4907IMG_4909

IMG_4915

I really don’t know how many shades there are total, but I know there are many more. I really would like to get Red Velvet next as I think it would be a good thing to ease me into wearing a red lip. I’m more into wearing neutral/nude colors. I get really self-conscious when I wear bright lip colors. But I’ve heard darker red lips is the in-thing for the winter.

I am hoping these are a permanent line for Revlon as they are so awesome. I’d hate to see them disappear. I plan on getting some of these for my stepmom who’s a lip stick addict.

1 comment:

  1. These lip balms look AMAZING! I read it on another blog and did a search on them and found your review. I think I need to have these in my life. The packaging is even nice!

    ReplyDelete