Friday, February 17, 2012

The Illusion of Thick Hair

I have really thin hair. I have tried so many things to try to make it thick and long, but I guess I have to accept the fact that I was born with it and it’s not gonna change.

I have limited options on how to style my thin hair, and for the longest time, I have been wearing it straight. My hair is not only thin, it’s also wavy. I’ve been double-cursed.

When we went to the Philippines last year, I had my hair straightened (Bonding). That lasted for about 4 months, then the waves started showing. So, I was back to using my handy flat iron.

I have tried curling my hair with a regular old-fashioned curling iron, but it just made my hair look wild and frizzy. Then I found the Revlon double-barrel Wrap to Waves!

I used this by weaving small sections of my hair around the barrels in a figure-8 motion. Then I sprayed my entire head with hair spray to hold the waves. It turned out pretty good.

Then I found a gadget to help my with an up-do, if ever I needed one. When I tie my hair into a pony, I get this sorry-looking thin tail. I hate it. It just makes my thin hair even more obvious. Then I read about something called a “Bun Maker” by Conair. I love it!

photo

No comments:

Post a Comment